Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

I know a million IF bloggers have said it

. . . but I'll just say it one more time. Facebook sucks.

Over the past three days, I've logged on three times and saw three pregnancy announcements. Do you really need to change your profile picture to an ultrasound picture? I'll look at ultrasound pictures of a close friend's or coworker's fetus, a family member's fetus, and maybe if I'm lucky someday, my own damn fetus. But other than that, they all look the same, so all you're really doing is rubbing your big belly in my face. And if you make your profile picture your ultrasound picture, you are officially lame.

Maybe I should replace my profile picture with one of the ultrasounds of my follicles from this cycle. But I won't, because that would make me lame (and because I don't look like a bunch of follicles).

By the way, if you're reading this blog, I would probably care about your ultrasound picture. But I may call you out if you post it on Facebook!

2 comments:

  1. Better an ultrasound picture than a picture of them naked giving birth in a kiddie pool filled with watery blood. Yes, one of my FB friends put that up. Who does that?!?!

    I would never put up pregnancy stuff on FB. Too many potential bad vibes from people who are "friends" but not friends. I didn't even FB acknowledge I'd had my second child until he was five months old!

    But you know I hate anything having to do with "Game of Life" milestones on FB. I only post about things I ate that made my breath bad or random strangers enraging me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lame indeed- they all look like marshmallows!

    ReplyDelete