I could stay here forever, in the bliss of possibility.
It's day 13 of my two-week wait (2ww)--the two weeks between ovulation and The Moment of Truth: Positive or Period?
Strangely, I don't want the wait to end. These are the two weeks out of every month or so that I allow myself to daydream, to imagine cells multiplying, a tiny foot tapping, a belly blooming. I can't help but think of the due date. This month I imagine the fall--a crisp November of swirling maple leaves, Thanksgiving turkey, a one-week old baby. I imagine the way my husband and I will look at each other, will hug, will cry. I imagine telling my dog that she'll have a new buddy soon. I imagine.
But tomorrow morning I'm scheduled for a beta HCG test. It'll have been two weeks since my second intrauterine insemination (IUI). My blood knows. My body knows. The answer is out there. But I'd rather stay here, in the bliss of possibility.
Sending you lots and lots of luck for your Beta this morning! I'll be thinking of you today.
ReplyDeleteSo stoked that I have a comment. Thank you!
ReplyDelete