Hi, everyone! So much to say, but before I forget, I want to post this recent article from Marie Claire, written by a friend of a friend.
I love so many things about the article--the writer's humor as she describes sizing up a restaurant hostess as a potential donor, her vulnerability in revealing her jealousy of her husband as he looks at donor profiles, her revelations about the importance about looks--it was all so poignant without being overly sentimental.
And here's what I loved most about the article--it didn't end with a pregnancy! So many great articles about infertility end with pregnancy (I'm looking at you, Self magazine!). While that's all well and good, it's refreshing to read something that focuses on part of the journey, that isn't tied up neatly. Because isn't that the truth of the situation many of us have been in or are in?
Happy Thanksgiving--I know I've got a ton to be thankful for this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment