For the past few months, I've thought a lot about blogging. It's been a while--really since before Eve's birth--since I've committed to this space. After Eve was born, I overcompensated in the privacy department. Caught up in my little world, I didn't take the time to share, to reflect. To some degree, I felt I'd shared the conception experience--I didn't have that moment where I showed my husband a pregnancy test, or those weeks when I was pregnant but nobody knew. By the time we finally conceived, all of those close to me already knew about my fertility journey.
The thing this, in retrospect, my experience (although I wouldn't wish infertility on anyone), was full of love and support. When I shared the news of my pregnancy with my family and close friends, they cried, screamed, celebrated--it's hard to imagine any scenario where I could have received more utter joy.
But some part of me wanted to hold Eve's early days and years close, didn't want to open up to advice, just wanted to be. And as the dust settles, over two years since Eve's birth, I realize that while I love my life as a mother and while I have a lot of good people in my life, I've missed a big opportunity--not specifically in stopping my blog, but really in being open and out there. Blogging wasn't only a good way to connect with others going through similar experiences, but with sharing about my life with those I already know and love.
This is all to say that I plan to blog, although I'm not sure of the space. Ideas are welcome (if anyone is actually reading this, post Google Reader . . . ).
Maybe zazz it up with a new name and new design :)
ReplyDelete